View Single Post
Old Posted: 11-11-2008 , 07:55 PM #9
kila2008

Tips I have gained from my last few months as a member of various wedding forums:

Venue/Meal:
- Midweek weddings are generally cheaper and most venues will throw in extras for free to get the business.
- Off peak weddings (Early Spring, Autumn) are cheaper.
- Try to find a venue that will allow to bring in your own wine, ie charge low corkage fees. This allows you to purchase your own alcohol in Lidl, Aldi, Tesco, Northern Ireland and make huge savings
-Haggle as much as possible to get the best deal you can - if you are booking your wedding way in advance - try to get the hotel to agree to a price when you are booking as hotels tend to put prices up each year
- Buffet meals work out cheaper per head
- Perhaps serve your wedding cake/dessert as the one course, ie cut out the need for both

Invitations:
- DIY all the way...bulk buy cheap card blanks. Ebay is great for ribbon (I have both from two really good suppliers so far, one in Co. Louth and the other in Malaysia - both great sellers) and other bits and pieces.
- Personalise the invitations to suit your personalities as your guests will excuse an amateur crafting attempts if they are personal to you both.
- Christmas wedding - use xmas cards as invites
kila2008 is offline   Reply With Quote