View Single Post
Old Posted: 21-11-2008 , 11:08 PM #32
Paula Fleming

Default wedding tips

hi. i work in a hotel dealing wedding is my job. i get the room ready from start to finish. iv seen sum nice ideas people do to save money. Make your own wedding invites. its very personal and you get to put what you like on the invite. eg, photo of your selfs. i saw sum lovely table decorations that are simple one that was lovely was sea shells collected from beaches, filled with sand and a tea light in it. looks great. others include flower heads like (Daisys) sprinkled on table, or flower pettels (Available from florist quiet cheep if you get them when they few days old.)

Make your own cake, or have few friends each make a tier, or sum lovely wedding cakes pre made and quiet cheep in the likes of M&S'

Use fresh ivory around your top table (Pinned to the table cloth) looks fantastic and cost nuting.

hotels offer special rates for week day weddings saving a lot of money.

Buy your wine in the likes of tesco or aldi, much cheaper than geting from hotel.

instead of favours for guests, make a small donation to your favourite charity and put note on table for guests to let them know. (much better than silly chocolates or that)

Hire all clothing, dress and suits. much much cheaper.

No need to have a band and a dj, go with either or.

No need for a phototographer as now adays photos can be taken from dvd, so if you have a dvd guy to make a dvd, after wedding sit down and pick clips you like, have them printer and make your own album. then you get to see ecactly what photos go in.

instead of a big traditional meal , why not do a self service buffet, hot and cold dishes. its a big thing these days in hotels

ask sum friends sum close friends or family instead of buying gifts to go together to pay for sumthing like the car, i did this at my wedding with a few bills and my family were delighted as then they dident have to go and try buy me a present.

if there a local dance school around (irish dancing) ask would they mind cuming to your wedding after the dinner and doing a bit of a show. its all the rage at the moment and they be only to happy to.

Hope some of this helps you. if i can help any more just leave me a message and il get back to you. gud luck
Paula Fleming is offline   Reply With Quote