View Single Post
Old Posted: 13-01-2009 , 03:15 PM #1
MandyD

Default Repurposing a Glass Block wall - any ideas?

When my friend bought his house, he immediately went about fixing it up and putting his own stamp on it. So he took down the bathroom wall facing the landing, and built it back up with glass blocks...not the best idea for a bathroom wall, if you ask me, especially since they were clear and not frosted (haha). He's recently been making sounds about getting rid of the blocks and just building the wall back up normally.
Instead of throwing them out, I said I'd take them - they're really expensive and it would break my heart to see them go in a skip!
During this Spring and Summer I want to try and get something done with my garden, as in the four years I've been living here, I've not done much else than cut the grass when it got so high you could get lost in it....hmmm
So I'm thinking of building a deck to my own design.
I want it to be roughly 10x10 - can't have it any bigger as my garden is quite small, and I want to build a rectangular shaped fish pond in the middle of it, that I can put some steel mesh over for safety.
I want to enclose it all using bamboo fencing and put a removable roof on it, also using bamboo with canvas underneath.
But here's the thing, I want to build a bar using those glass blocks..only, with such a small deck, I can't think of a way to fit it in - I can't see there being much room after the furniture and such goes in.
I really don't want to see those blocks go in the skip and would appreciate any ideas you guys have...such a creative force here....I'm sure someone will come up with something!

Thanks...and...um....may the (creative) force be with you lol

Mandy
Attached Images

MandyD is offline   Reply With Quote
JumbleTown Sponsored Links