View Single Post
Old Posted: 23-04-2009 , 09:04 AM #8
Chris P
Administrator

Default from Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fries-With-That
Congrats to the people that conceived and brought to the public the wonderful baby that is jumbletown.

As an aside, any chance you'd update the poster, mainly because for people of my vintage, that know exactly where it comes from, its funny.
I would imagine however that to our younger more high tech, graphic lead generations it appears dated.

A competion amongst our art colleges students with a nominal prize of an Ipod or something would throw up many creative ideas and also spread the word country wide.

Regards,

Fries.
Hi Fries,

Thanks for sticking with us so long and being part of the community that has built the site up, post by post, as it were.

As for our poster, we opted for Kitchener's image back in 2006 because his is an iconic one (and also out-of-copyright, so it's free!). We're pretty fond of him, but I agree, he mightn't have the same impact on younger generations -- I suppose he is a bit severe looking. A new poster has been suggested from day-one; however I understand the managers of JumbleTown have no immediate plans for a change.

Regards
Chris P
Admin
Chris P is online now   Reply With Quote