View Single Post
Old Posted: 18-08-2007 , 03:32 PM #2
Chris P
Administrator

Default from Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by durran
I find admin a bit quick at removing reserved items from the website.
Also I think the history should include all items even those removed from the active pages.

Hi durran,

Reserved items are allowed to stay on the Public Forum for 6 days without an update on the thread/ad from the Giver.

If no update is forthcoming, Admin presumes that the item has been taken and that the Giver has forgotten to change the status of the item from Reserved to Taken.

Admin removes these items on the 7th day; they are placed in the Admin Archive, which can not be accessed by Members, i.e., it's hidden. The Admin Archive contains all Taken items and those Reserved items that are presumed to have been taken.

All Reserved items placed in the Admin Archive can be retrieved and reposted on the Public Forum on request from the Giver. So far, we have not deleted any item from this Archive, though this may change as storage space is limited.

The archive (or history, as you call it) that can be viewed by Members shows only those items that are physically still on the Public Forum. We have no intention of including the Reserved items from the Admin Archive in the public archive that is accessed by Members.

If you are a Giver of an item that was Reserved but removed by Admin on the 7th day, all you have to do is send a PM to Admin (Dave Hagan or Chris P), and your item will be reposted.

If you are a potential Taker who responded on a thread that was marked Reserved but removed before being marked Taken, then you should presume that the item has been collected or that the Giver has lost interest in the Giving/Taking process.

Members are expected to monitor and maintain their posts/ads. For Givers, this means responding to expressions of interest from Takers within 3 days, and updating Reserved items within 6 days.

Members sometimes forget to change the status of their item from Reserved to Taken even though the item has been collected. That's why Admin has to stick strictly to the 6-day rule.

Thanks for the feedback.

Regards
Chris P
Admin
(Likely recipient of the Donald Rumsfeld "Known Knowns and Unknown Knowns" Award, 2007)
Chris P is offline   Reply With Quote