View Single Post
Old Posted: 01-02-2009 , 09:39 PM #87
xmillyx2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillo
Hi betsy, this all sounds brilliant especially the internet shopping but I'd love to know how you pay for stuff on the internet without either a credit or laser card. I'm really curious to know, it would be brilliant to do this. Recently, on a trip to Scotland my husband and I tried to rent a car and simply could not do it without a credit card, (we got rid of ours a year ago), none of the companies would even accept laser cards. It was so frustrating, so I'm really interested to know how it's done. Thanks, gillo

Hi Gillo, I do not own any credit cards myself, i do have a lazer card and a paypal account, but my partner also has a 3V card it works excatily the same as a credit card you just order it online on 3V.ie and they post it out to you within 5 working days normaly. All you do is whenever your buying anything via the internet you top this card up with the ammount you need and it gives u a ref no to print in where you normaly print in ur credit card number, expiary date ect... There is a small fee for this card though like any credit card, but the thing i find good about it is that you cannot over spend because you can only spend what you put on it, excatily like a lazer but you can use it for everything, well everything i've tried so far, like stuff on ebay, trips to england ect... You just top them up in most shops...
Hope this is off interest to you, regards Milly.