View Single Post
Old Posted: 27-05-2010 , 02:37 PM #3
mw100860

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCD
Hi Everyone,
I was just wondering if its just in Trim but I was in the recycling centre the other day and after emptying out my car I thought I'd have a wander around and came across lovely door handles..Sure I just rummaged a little more and came up with 4 sets..Delighted with myself I headed back to the car on a mission to replace my old ones with these lovely new ones when I heard someone shout OI!! I turned to see a man in a hi-vis vest comming toward me..Talk about being embarrassed,All the people had heard him and turned to see who he was giving out to...He wouldn't let me take them saying that the handle could break and cut my hand and he'd be in trouble then..It is a recycling centre and there does be lovely and very reusable things up there so why can't people take stuff outta there? It is recycling and would cut down on costs for council..I know you can just walk into the Navan centre and take what ya like why not in Trim? Its so frustrating to see some lovely things that people are throwing out and not be able to rescue them..I know insurance and all that but other centres are so helpful and only too delighted to see people getting use outta other peoples "junk"...And seeing as they only take in solid timber..There's so many uses for that even..I think its a crying shame..
BCD.
Political correctness gone overboard, I say. I got a lovely desk/dressing table+ matching stool at my local recycling centre- Dunmore, Kilkenny. Gave the guy working there 10euro to throw it into the back of my truck. Fabulous quality. Painted it white for my daughter's bedroom. The lads in Dunmore used to keep back any reusable stuff from the landfill and give it to anybody interested, Don't know if they still do that.
mw100860 is offline   Reply With Quote