View Single Post
Old Posted: 12-06-2009 , 10:39 PM #71
Taja

Quote:
Originally Posted by dublinseven
hi, I'm getting married in july, my aunt is making the wedding cake. The hotel don't have a cake stand to suit the cake she's making. Does anyone know of where you can buy or rent a cake stand at a reasonable price? I need a two tier stand.
appreciate any suggestions

Hi, i was going to make my own wedding cake as realised icing was really easy and i told my mum in law and she went and baught me a cake stand im not sure were from but ive decided to get a cake from marks and spencers cos its cheep and they look nice without the hastle so next time i talk to her ill ask her were she got it from and let you know what kind of stand do u want like a traditional 3 tier stand as now u can get the stands that go in a row kind of thing, but also marks and spencers sell the tiers roughly £6 for pack of 3 so u could put it on a cake board with fancy paper on the bottom as someone already sugested but depending on how many tiers ur cake has on how many packs of the tires ud need to buy.

Also just to add tesco now sell the wedding cakes as noticed last week and there cheeper than marks and sparks but bit smaller.
Taja is offline   Reply With Quote