View Single Post
Old Posted: 13-06-2009 , 10:32 PM #74
Taja

Quote:
Originally Posted by kila2008
Regarding the cake stand...is it necessary for you to have a space between your tiers? My sister made a 4 tier wedding cake recently for her boyfriend's sister and instead of using a cake stand, the different tiers were stacked directly on top of each other. The lower tiers were dowelled (she used white plastic dowels she bought online but perhaps you could use timber dowels??) in order to support the next tier overhead. Each tier has its own cake board but just the type that are cover in tin-foil type stuff. She was putting black ribbon around the tiers so she also covered the edges of the cake boards in thinner black ribbon.

I have to say that it looked absolutely fabulous and I would usually be a criticising cow...lol!

I got my cake stand today... well it wasnt a cake stand it was 4 tiers in a packet that u just put on top of each other but ive seen the ones ur on about with no tiers just the cake and they do look really nice but my bf is old fashioned and wants tiers but they had the price on and it was 6.10 euro from birthdays for a pack of 4 tiers but sure if you go North ull get them cheeper these were just plain white but they have some in marks and spencer which i thorugh was nice for the same price
Taja is offline   Reply With Quote