View Single Post
Old Posted: 25-05-2009 , 02:39 PM #1
Greeneyes

Default Large quantities of thin mirror, any suggestions?

Hi all fellow Jumbletowners

I am currently working on making a mirror for my living room, it is on a large circular piece of MDF (43 inches in diameter) and in the centre is a circular mirror about 10 inches in diameter (I took a cosmetic mirror apart).

From the edge of the MDF to the centre cosmetic mirror, I intend to use broken pieces of mirror. I bought two large rectangular mirrors up north and smashed them (lots of superstition ignored) and intended to use them. However when I sat down and looked at the broken bits last night, I saw that they are way too thick and their combined weight means that the cornice piece and the heavy duty nail I have already put up will not hold their weight and the MDF combined.

In short, I am looking for thin pieces of mirrior and would buy them if I knew where to get them. (I am also open to receiving them if someone has some thin mirror on their hands they would like to dispose of).

At the moment, it is hard to judge in a shop how thick a long piece of mirror is when it is encased in a stand/frame etc. The cosmetic mirror I have in the centre of the MDF is really thin, almost as thin as a CD and ideally I would like a large quantity of mirror of this thinness but have no idea where to go...

Any suggestions would be gratefully accepted.

Green eyes
Greeneyes is offline   Reply With Quote
JumbleTown Sponsored Links