View Single Post
Old Posted: 20-11-2008 , 12:13 AM #6
bluecurlygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by unapam
I remember all those things with great fondness too. How times have changed!
Will we ever come full circle and do them again?

I hope so.. so many memories there. I remember the bottles being 3p as well. In the estate where we lived only a few people had bikes and they were practically grown-ups to us but every saturday we'd pile onto the bikes and go for a few miles of a cycle (one on handlebars, one person riding bike, one on back carrier - what would health and safety say about that!) I was a member of a jogging club - 10p a week. We jogged about 5 miles every evening and then one day in the summer we were brought out somewhere (that's where our 10p's went although I'm still sure all those 10ps didn't add up to the cost of the day out). If we wanted to travel a long distance, we had to borrow one of the only two/three cars in the town (imagine that). When the showjumping was on we made horse jumps from old branches, planks of wood, broken bikes, fridge doors etc. We made swings from rope and tyres. we built treehouses, camps the list goes on. And if you handed a child a load of broken planks and stuff now they'd tell you it was rubbish. Ah, we knew better didn't we - some of us still do!!!
bluecurlygirl is offline   Reply With Quote