Thread: Pallet lovers
View Single Post
Old Posted: 20-09-2012 , 11:11 PM #86
bluecurlygirl

Default Calling all Pallet Lovers - can you help?

Hi all. I love, love love what you've done with pallets on here. I found this thread cos I was looking for a way to build a cabin bed/high sleeper with pallets or any advice. I have a picture in my head of what I want. My little woman wants (and badly needs) a room makeover. Her furniture is falling apart bless her and we have a seriously limited budget. She has such a small room and such a need for storage, a cabin bed with a set of bookshelves on one side and a hanging rail on t'other would be my dream bed to give her. For personal reasons I need a goal too. I don't have ANY woodwork experience but my 21 year old son can be surprisingly handy at times. Does anyone know if pallets would be sturdy enough for this type of project or how the heck would I go about it and would it be strong enough to hold her and (for now - long may it last) her mammy for a bedtime story or a snuggle. Or could I strengthen it in some way to ensure that? As you can see, haven't a baldy. Any help/advice would be great. Or is there are any alternative building material? Cheers guys. Keep up the good work. I don't check in often enough these days.
bluecurlygirl is offline   Reply With Quote