View Single Post
Old Posted: 01-04-2009 , 09:43 PM #123
betsy10112000

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennie
:O.... Why am I only finding out about that refund & free item thing now!! I could have got everything for the house free lol

Anyway I googled that & it says they stopped doing that policy after they were robbed blind on xbox 360s & shoppers purposely taking advantage of the offer by seeking out wrongly priced products so they changed it in 2007 to "double the difference"
thats strange,it still happens in my tesco anyway,(great for me)it still has a sign up behind customer services in my tesco(gorey)and also in tesco arklow.
have a few more things that i just have to find out a bit more info and the t&c's before i spill all the beans to u lovely bargain hunting jumbletowners :) lol
if people wanna try and find out more about it than i can then thats great,just let me know aswel,lol
i heard that if tesco do not display a price label on the shelf with a barcode on it then they are obliged to give you the item for free.know im not to sure if this is just in the uk and also not sure if is just tesco or other supermarkets but i heard it was a new law brought out stating supermarkets had to display a price label with a barcode on the shelf for each product they sell.if anyone could have a check around and see what they come up with and let me know :) oh and let everyone else know,lol