View Single Post
Old Posted: 09-07-2012 , 09:14 AM #20
zag

I am honestly sad that it has come to this. I've been a member for a good few years and like others I have met many nice people through it. I've received benefits and others have benefited from my things. This is my defintion of community.

Murrayhead - you have taken this up incorrectly - you don't know my criteria. I outlined some of them earlier in the post, but that's not everything. You didn't get one item yesterday, but I replied on post and texted you asking you to call me to pick up the other item you requested at a time that you indicated was good for you - "Helen - I sent you a text earlier tonight. It's reserved for you - please PM to set up a time."

My reference to "more than 2 words" is simply because a series of "next please" posts makes them all indistinguishable from each other. The posting guidelines include discussion of the sorts of reasons why people like more than "me next" responses - http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=4673

Ultimately it boils down to this - "a Giver who understands the site's purpose and modus operandi shouldn't care about a Taker's history" - I guess this means I don't fit the model of a giver on Jumbletown. I care about more than simply freeing up floor space in my house. If this is wrong or bad then so be it.

z