View Single Post
Old Posted: 09-07-2012 , 01:36 PM #27
TickTock

I never dreamed this would ever happen on one of my posts on JT. It is very sad indeed. My commencement date is 2008, and I have never encountered this kind of atmosphere here before. It is a great pity and very disappointing. I felt my request for a history was a positive one for the site, the service and the users, and fair to all concerned. I have to accept the final decision of the Administrators. It is a pity one person took it so personally and is prepared to fight with very bitter words to prevent their history being seen. If my history were seen you might find that I have received more than I have given, but I don’t really know as I can’t remember all the items I’ve given. But I really would not mind my history being seen by anyone. A lot of my posts though are chatty ones and a lot of ‘well done’ posts on the Before & After thread.

Thank you Stanley83 and Narizota for your brave support. I confess I wondered if anyone else would join in. When I started on JT I also missed many items, and still do, but hey ho, I accepted it and just enjoyed the competition, I always try to apply a pinch of good humour to everything. Also a lot of items are given and taken via PM so it won’t show on the thread and that’s fine too, both sides are happy.

I really think it is unwise to advise givers to stop giving on JT. JT would soon close down if all givers took that advice.

I too check out the wanted section, and I am there a few times as well myself, but you also find the traders lurking there too. As I said before, I cannot judge who is needy and who is not. I just feel there are more hooverers now than there used to be.

By the way, just a quick question for Chris, wasn’t the site originally intended to keep our stuff out of landfill by moving along, thereby saving the planet? It was the eco-friendliness that kept me here, not just moving along.

I’m sorry for all this Chris, I never meant for this to get out of hand. I am finished now.