View Single Post
Old Posted: 09-07-2012 , 01:38 PM #28
Murrayhead

Default :)

ah no I won't Narazota... :) last week I picked up some really lovely 1950's pieces locally and my son and I are doing them up as shabby chic pieces... two for my daughters room and two we hope to sell for a wee profit so I can get him a laptop for when he goes to college. I don't see anything wrong with that, its all a recycling process plus my kids are learning refurb skills/economics/environmental awareness and quality time with family. I found some of the comments about hoover's annoying. Any person who is willing to go out on cold dark evenings and gamble costs on seconds that other people are going to bin should not be looked down on especially if they are willing to work on the item and re-vamp it. Another aspect overlooked is some people cannot collect things and the service provided by some traders of moving on used furniture allows them access to this item that they may otherwise never have. The site allows EVERYONE to post so no reason 'hoovers' get all the stuff. I think jumbletown intelligently recognises these factors and thankfully allows this free trade regardless of sniping. I too may have a preference of who I give to in later and better times but like Stanly83 I'll find my own way of deciding and try not to be rude and condescending.
Anyhow thanks for all the comments, hope I haven't upset or offended anyone, some of what I've said is tongue in cheek and others I mean very sincerely :)

moving on now though.... h