View Single Post
Old Posted: 11-11-2008 , 08:02 PM #10
kila2008

FLOWERS:
- If you're getting a florist, get them to do the bare minimum as you can always add to it with your own arrangements or candles
- Lidl, Aldi, Tesco, etc stock nice flowers that can be easily turned into nice arrangements. Find someone with a shrub addiction (like my mum has) and arrange with them to let you give their shrubs a good haircut - this will act as greenery (and its free) - you can fill in with flowers - keep the colour theme simple if you're an amateur like me!
- www.flowersforflorists.com - if you decide to go for it and do all your flowers yourself. Minimum order of €150 (I think) but flowers delivered to your door from wholesalers in Holland. Otherwise, Smithfield Market in Dublin is apparently the place to go, but go early. Two visits advisable - one to suss out what you want and place your order, second visit to collect. - www.youtube.com for videos giving you instructions for how to make your bouquets, arrangements, etc
- Ebay for your flower arranging essentials - oasis, trays, ribbon, diamante pins for the centre of your roses (if you want to go all fancy)
kila2008 is offline   Reply With Quote