View Single Post
Old Posted: 18-11-2008 , 03:56 PM #26
bluecurlygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by shonastar
My sister was at a wedding last week where the mother of the bride made the cake, it was 3 seperate tiers of chocolate biscuit cake (the bride's favourite!) the cake was decorated with flakes all around the side and tied with a ribbon, it looked (and tasted) amazing and cost nothing compared to traditional cakes. I will try and get a photo but if you google image search "chocolate flake cake" you'll see what it looked like.

My brother had a chocolate biscuit cake at his wedding a few years back and it had loads of coconut in it. My mammy told me it wasn't as nice as mine (which started out as hers but I hijacked it when I got older!). I have a recipe if anyone wants it. I make it for birthday parties for my kids/nieces/nephews and they love it (as do the adults). I always have to make an extra one to bring in to the tea club at work! No cooking involved and easy to make. If you have any kids in the family they'll love helping out because it's very messy, full of chocolate and they eat half of it before it hits the tins! Will upload photographic evidence of this later!!!
bluecurlygirl is offline   Reply With Quote