View Single Post
Old Posted: 07-12-2008 , 12:46 AM #21
kila2008

Hey Kiara, congrats on your new house...I'm delighted for you!

As other posters said, keep it simple and prioritise. I can imagine that you want to get as much of the house finished as possible before the new baby arrives, but you really only need to get the basics in place.

Place some "wanted" ads on here and also on

http://www.rollercoaster.ie/handiton...7&mycounty=All

You could make your own stencils for decorating your daughter's room...do a google search for some of her favourite characters, print them off and cut out pieces to make a stencil...a small bit of sponge and some acrylic paints and just repeat the stencil as many times as you want. You could paint some numbers or the alphabet on the wall or perhaps paint/make a height chart on the wall. Alternatively, get your daughter to colour/paint some pictures and let her hang them on her wall.

Regarding the rail for the alcove in your daughter's room...could you just use the wooden handle off an old mop or sweeping brush??

Penneys used to sell plain coloured 'pop-up tidys' for €3...not sure if they still stock them but they are very handy for storing toys. Try the €2 shop for kids posters, stickers, small household bits, etc

Regarding the garden, I don't know much about gardening, but perhaps, get some seeds and start them off in old food containers and maybe get some slips/branches off shrubs and try growing them with some rooting powder....other JT members will be able to advise you on the correct times of year for doing this and the correct procedure as I'm not really sure.