View Single Post
Old Posted: 03-06-2009 , 02:48 PM #112
sandramcs

Default green cleaning

I am exhausted! have just spent the past few hours scooshing vinegar on windows and washing paintwork and dusting and hoovering and generally getting ready for an invasion due a week today. Nothing like visitors to get the sleeves up. When I was at home many moons ago vinegar was the liquid of choice for washing the windows, and that happened every week. My mother would die if she could see the windows on our house. vinegar is also magic in the bathroom, including in the bath. I recently got a couple of books on Vinegar and Bicarbonate of soda - baking soda here in Ireland. I have begun cleaning my teeth with the bicarb, and I do think I see a difference in colour. I put it in the washing machine and it seems to have cleared out the residue of soap. It has been used in the dishwasher and takes away the smell, and the dishes and cutlery were gleaming. I need to keep my feet as cool as possible or I run the risk of eczema outbreaks, and decided to give them a bicarb soak yesterday. yep, it works. I know from reading through all the entries that there are a lot of you who are well acquainted with the benefits of said cleaning agents. The little video put up by Chris is also to the point. I want to get bigger quantities, now that I have this bee in my bonnet. I have googled but to no effect, so will see if Musgraves will look kindly on an innocent member of the public looking for the above two items, and borax. I forget why borax, and also soda crystals. Then when all the existing cleaning agents are finished, no more of them. Well, maybe a pack of fairy non-bio in case. So, thanks for all the tips and I hope it all helps to reduce somewhat the amount of chemicals flushing down the tubes. So now, a cup of tea is in order, and then maybe another couple of windows....
sandramcs is offline   Reply With Quote