View Single Post
Old Posted: 23-06-2006 , 08:01 AM #17
symphony

The mere idea of giving away pets for free on this sends shudders down my back. Yes, you see many pets in papers for free; but who's to say that this is right? You often see ads aswell saying things like "Any breed of dog wanted, call 08-whatever," or "Free dog needed to be guard dog" and so on. You'd wonder, would you not, why a person wants any breed of dog? Is it for dog fighting? Abuse? Testing? What?

Giving away dogs free on here, or any animal for that matter be it a fish, a cat, a horse, a guinea pig without a homecheck, is quite possibly as bad as verbally saying you condone this animal to an uncertain life by your own hands!!!

If someone no longer wants their pet, there are plenty of nonkill rescues in the country, plenty of pounds (and yes, i firmly believe that being pts is better than some fates that animals end up in!), there are both large and small animal rescues ... i would never ever give away a living creature without checking to see where it was going ... i couldnt have that on my conscience ...

i dont know how anyone else could either ....