Thread: Resell
View Single Post
Old Posted: 27-01-2008 , 09:32 PM #2
Chris P
Administrator

Default from Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by gringo
I found items from Jumbletown on some web. A taker from jumble sells it. For me its not like should be... But its my opinion. What do u think about it?
Hi gringo,

In the eyes of Admin, all Takers are equal, be they needy individuals, organisations, charities, or millionaires. What happens to the item once it is taken is the Taker's responsibility. Neither Admin nor Givers can determine what happens to an item once it has been passed on. If a person chooses to collect, store, and sell at some stage, that is their business. In fact they could be regarded as being somewhat entrepreneurial.

Let me restate that JumbleTown is NOT a charity. Those who wish to give to charitable causes should contact the Simon Community, Trocaire and so on, NOT JumbleTown.

The main reason why people should use JumbleTown's service is to pass on unwanted items because they have no further use of them or because the items are taking up valuable space.

The main concern of Givers should not be the "neediness" or otherwise of the Taker but rather their own desire to clear up space in their home/business in an environmentally-friendly and community-friendly way.

Having said that, the generosity of Givers on JumbleTown is well-known and to be commended. The Giver selects the Taker, be they the first, second or tenth respondent; Admin has no say in this matter.

By "life-cycling" or re-using items on JumbleTown, Givers and Takers help to reduce the amount of useful material that ends up in costly recycling systems and landfill.

Thanks for the feedback.

Regards
Chris P
Admin