Thread: Resell
View Single Post
Old Posted: 15-04-2008 , 11:39 PM #10
Chris P
Administrator

Default from Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandym
What I find annoying though, and I doubt I'm the only one, is that the same people are asking for everything. There are a few names that come up over and over again whether it be for a breast pump and then a computer cable, paving slabs and then girls clothing. Such a wide range of things that the only thing I can think of is that these people are taking items and selling them for profit which surely defeats the whole purpose of the site?
Hi sandym,

Please see my posts above for Admin's thoughts on the re-selling of items by Members and also for the site's raison d'etre and ethos.

I do, however, wish to address your point about certain Members making multiple requests in one day. It should be remembered that very often Members request items on behalf of friends and relatives who may not be computer-literate and/or have ready access to the internet. This obviously gives the impression that a particular Member is requesting many items. (Of course, they don't necessarily receive all of the items they request as the Giver decides the recipient, be they the first or last respondent on an ad/thread or the first of last PM'er). For example, one Member who appeared to be requesting many items pm'd me to state that he had managed to furnish the flats of several elderly people thanks to the generosity of JumbleTowners.

Also, there are JumbleTowners who are as Prolific at Giving as they are at requesting items. Quite clearly, they are taken with the philosophy of Giving and Taking and long may they continue to participate in the JumbleTown community.

Thanks for the feedback and also for YOUR participation in the JumbleTown community.

Regards
Chris P
Admin