View Single Post
Old Posted: 20-08-2012 , 06:21 PM #8
cascais

i feel for you empty house.
this never happened to me re furniture, but unfortunately it did happen with clothes .
the add said bag of clothes (in my size) in good condition.
i drove over an hour for the item and when i got back, i was very disappointed, the clothes smelt like they had been in an attic for over 25 years, they were discoloured and stained , not to mention some didn't even have buttons or working zips. and finally ( the cherry on the top) the clothes werent the size the add said they were.
needless to say the clothes werent used , and dumped . and that trip cost me more than it was worth.
with clothing you just can t sit there and go through what is in the bag and say this ok, but this no...
chris has a point, when he says good cond means different things to different people but... i don t know i think people should have a basic standard... i for example don t offer things i wouldn t take myself... after being stung once, i am now unfortunately a bit more "demanding" requesting pics and so on, and i also drive i lot less than i used to for items that have no pictures.

just thought i'd share this bad experience, hoping not to repeat it anytime.

cascais
cascais is offline   Reply With Quote