View Single Post
Old Posted: 20-11-2008 , 12:15 AM #28
Chris P
Administrator

Default from Admin

Hi Jumbles,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumbles
...they always remove their threads after a day or 2 without marking as 'taken'.

Only Admin can remove threads from the Forum, and these are usually already marked as Taken or haven't been updated.

Quote:
Sometimes I have an item marked reserved and it is removed (before 6 days are up) so I can't go back and mark it taken.

This very,very rarely happens and if it does, it is by accident. The dates of correspondence on all Reserved ads are checked carefully before they are archived. If you look at the oldest Reserved ads in the Baby Items/Toys/Clothes forum right now, you'll notice that they were indicated as Reserved on the 13th Nov and so will be archived in the early hours of the 20th, a full six days later.

If you wish to mark an archived item as taken, you can ask Admin to do it for you, or else ask them to temporarily repost it on the Forum.

Quote:
Some people are also seriously lacking in manners. I have had people turn up and not even say thank you.

All that Admin can do is remind Members of our Netiquette guidelines...here:
http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=4673

Quote:
Lately some people have made me wish I had sold the items rather than put them on JT. At least that way I wouldn't be thinking "that fecker so did not deserve that!" lol.

As you know, JumbleTown is not a charity site -- its raison d'etre is to help people clear up space in their homes/workplace in an environmental fashion. A Giver's first priority should be "I want to clear out that space, now" and not "Who deserves this item?" But of course, it's only natural to wish to pass on an item to a deserving person, but in the eyes of Admin, all Members are deserving, whether they be prince or pauper, courtly or uncouth! :)

Quote:
Most JTrs are lovely though...
Too true...

Thanks for the feedback, Jumbles!

Regards
Chris P
Admin
Chris P is offline   Reply With Quote