View Single Post
Old Posted: 23-07-2012 , 04:35 PM #8
mondubics

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mammy
Hi All, I am doing my up backgarden at the moment ( I'll post photos later) and I got 2 box's of glass bricks from another Jumbletowner quite some time back, anyway I need some ideas and inspiration for them. if anyone has any i'd be delighted to hear/see them.
Thanks
Regards
The Mammy
That was a nice gift to get. How many to a box?
I have a wall of them in my house (from counter height up to the apex of a sunroom ceiling) and I love them. If you go more than 2 or 3 rows high, you need to use metal rods across the row to keep them stable (tied into whatever the uprights are). I think they were 'mortared' in similarly to bricks, but they have a white grout. I should have got that sealed, and keep meaning to do it, to make it easier to clean the wall, but they are not too bad.
I have velux windows in each of the rooms the glass block wall separates, so in winter, the sun comes in and shines through the blocks to the other room, depending on time of day.
I haven't been able to shrink the photo sufficiently to upload it, so here is a link to picasaweb, where you should be able to see it ok.
https://picasaweb.google.com/marieon...326440 413346
mondubics is offline   Reply With Quote