View Single Post
Old Posted: 11-03-2009 , 12:14 AM #4
Bettybooboopbedoop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris P
Hi Everyone,

Neither Admin nor Members have any way of determining the “neediness” or otherwise of another Member -- that's why we do not have a limit on the number of ads a Member may place in the Wanted forum nor on the number of items they may request in the Givers' forums.

Who can tell what another Member's circumstances are? They could be recently laid-off or struggling to pay a mortgage, and have decided to be prudent by requesting some assistance through the Wanted forum.

Since the inception of JumbleTown, Admin has never had the interest (nor the time, for that matter) to keep tabs on the number of ads placed by an individual Member in the Wanted forum or on their posts in the Givers' forums. If there's any change to this policy, I'll let you know.

Thanks for the feedback.

Regards
Chris P
Admin
I must say i agree with you Chris. I don't think the amount of posts, per person, should matter. If someone has a need for an item, no matter how big or small, they should be allowed to advertise the fact. Someone, somewhere probably has it and would only be too glad to get rid of it, at times anyway. This is all part of the recycling process, and if items can be passed onto a member that can use them, good luck, i say. Some peoples needs are vast, others menial, whatever the reason or requirements, if someone can meet those needs, then i think jumbletown has played a major part in recycling and in helping its members play their part in the whole process. If it seems like some people are pushing the limits, we have to remind ourselves that we don't know what the circumstances involved are and might possibly be able to alleviate the situation.
Bettybooboopbedoop is offline   Reply With Quote