View Single Post
Old Posted: 18-11-2008 , 07:42 AM #10
sparklyirisheyes

Default cosmetics

Sorry about your Calpol incident, thats awful. But we're discussing cosmetics and such here, not oral pharmaceutical solutions. There is as much a risk of somebody taking a microwave which would explode when used as the electrical goods aren't assessed by JT or anything. or JT dont test the old clothes I give away for microbiological activity or flees etc whcih could easily be hiding in the fabric. I think JT have the right idea about banning cosmetics but if this is the case, why allow anything to be given away on this website as there is some risk to EVERYTHING you take from givers here.. DOenst make sense to ban lotions and potions to me at all if other items such as clothes, machinery, cars (which could be faulty)and electrcial goods to name a few are freely given and taken.... I work in the pharmaceutical indusrty and I have a very methodical scientific mind and conduct many risk assessments for my company and although i can see the risk in this alright, I think it's over kill...

Discuss!!

PS So sorry to hear about your Calpol incident again. Afriend of mine got a bottle from her local chemist which had actually expired. Blame tends to go to the manufacturer but the onus is definitely on the pharmacist/store where faulty products are bought. I hve a young son and your story has just scared the hell out of me!