Thread: Kitchen Ideas
View Single Post
Old Posted: 02-06-2011 , 12:23 PM #8
Scaryspex

Default My kitchen

Im so sorry... the kitchen picture will not upload for some reason. Keeps saying "invalid file" Ive resized it and its still not working. Ill take another picture with a different camera and upload one then.

The door are oak effect with a grove etched into them. Not solid no, so I really want to paint them. The worktops are barely black chipboard. The floor tiles are a barely black with some sort of brown streak in them (horrible) to try and make some sort of effect, perhaps marble. They are not glossy or shiny, more matted and uneven, but not as nice as slate or granite.
The wall tiles are peach/orange and will be the first thing to be painted! The wall tiles will probably be painted white or cream. I have stainless steel appliances and I also have a lot of lime green and red polka dot accessories for my current kitchen which I want to keep. My table is a solid oak, country kitchen style with some small porceelan decorations on the corners.

I am very much a vintage girl, but my partner is not, so need to find a happy medium. I Have a lot of clear glasses jars and bottles for pastas, teas and oils so I would like to have a shelving area for all that too. im thinking underneath the wall presses.

I also have a utility room and toilet that I want to make more use of this space. The toilet is very large so Im on the hunt for a press to put in there for all my cleaning bits and bobs.

I took two beautiful pieces of furniture yesterday from JTer, Tashlaw (see below). These will be repainted and put in my bedroom. Will post before/after pics when thats done too. Im thinking of painting them dark blue of navy and might get some crystal knobs for the drawers. Thanks
Attached Images

Scaryspex is offline   Reply With Quote