View Single Post
Old Posted: 19-02-2010 , 06:50 PM #11
rainbow09

the grant is for condensing boilers only, weather it be gas or oil. it is for 700 to avail of it your heating controls must be upgraded to allow the heating of hot water, your radiators or both all seperate.

Most suppliers will sell a heating control pack for around 125 euro,

depending on how old the system is depends on how much plumbing work is done.

the plumber has to b SEI registered for you to avail of the grant

plumbers who are registered have had to spend money on training and extra insurance cover. instaltion prices have gone up to cover compared to a standard boiler.

once instaltion is complete the boiler has to b commisioned for you to have a warranty on the boiler, on rare occasions an inspector will come out and check the plumbers work, no grant will b paid till all work is up to spec

the grant has to be applied for before the boiler is installed with the boiler model and the plumbers SEI number. So if you are thinking about the grant dont buy any boiler till you get the go ahead.

labour pricing i dont know any thing about, I am in the supply end of things myself, based in louth,

is it possible to move the boiler outside or into a garage, then a cast iron boiler would be your way to go, saving on labour, hastle and giving you releiablity

any more probs come back to me
rainbow09 is offline   Reply With Quote