View Single Post
Old Posted: 21-05-2012 , 11:11 PM #22
Jayne402010

Default Time and money?!

Hi there!

To be perfectly honest I did not put any large amount of money into my garden at all, the only thing I paid for were the decking timbers out of season (so I got them cheap!) Everything else is recycled, it has had to be, the recession has hit me along with the rest of the country!
I sell unwanted stuff I have on Ebay or local buy and sell pages through Facebook, thus enabling me thee extra bit of cash to put into my 'outside room'.
It is amazing the amount of ornaments etc you find you do not need in order to fund your project!
I managed to get my rope from a chandlery at last as all efforts to beg/swap/find the stuff came to nothing. The cost was €44, which was 2chains and a mixed lot of jewellery I sold! (One womans junk really is another womans treasure!)
Thanks for taking the time to look at my post!
Oh and anyone reading this, a cautionary tale.....
Upon putting my rope up, it poured down, the next morning It looked like I had a wrestling ring in my back garden! Yep, I had somehow forgotten in my excitement that rope shrank when it got wet! So I had to redo it all! I would say I lost at least a metre of the stuff due to shrinkage. Be Warned!!! Don't be as daft as me!
Jayne402010 is offline   Reply With Quote