View Single Post
Old Posted: 21-04-2013 , 08:00 PM #1
Mickey

Default Extreme Makeover: Siobhán's Room Edition - *Photos Added*

My youngest hardly ever sleeps in her own room anymore and so we are doing a budget makeover for her.

The large white wooden box was given to us by a lovely lady (Viv) clearing out 42 years of life in her huge old farmhouse to move back to England. It had no lid and so my 2nd daughter and my son who do 1st and 2nd year woodwork volunteered to make a lid to attach with hinges (with a bit of help from dad) which they did in about half an hour this afternoon using pallet wood received from a neighbour and it looks pretty good. The next step is to find thick, dense foam to top it and cover it with fabric (which I still need to source). We will also make a matching/complimentary cushion for the small box seat (also from the lovely Viv).

The small box will be the seat for her desk/dressing table both of which will be painted to match the wall or white to match the chest of drawers. The trunk will also be white.

The lampshade was originally a storage receptacle from Ikea that we drilled a hole in to make it work. The patterns it throws up on the walls and ceiling is quite lovely.

I found 2 wooden shelves in the linen press which just sat there gathering dust for ever and I painted them to match the wooden flower light art work we made from a sheet of MDF I had left over from making fridge magnets last year. Not sure just how and where the shelves will be hung but I'm sure inspiration will come. Will staple a set of LED Christmas tree lights to the back of the board which we will block mount on the wall. The petal shapes we cut out are also painted and will be mounted above the desk.

My friend gave me an old mirror (which used to be her grandmother's) and this will be hung from a chain above the chest of drawers.

I am looking for some interesting door/drawer knobs and single coat hooks to put on the wall to hang hats and scarves and belts and bags.
Attached Images

Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
JumbleTown Sponsored Links