View Single Post
Old Posted: 09-07-2009 , 08:28 AM #3
beebeehse

Default polytunnel

hey have my polytunnel for just over six mths now and its great...Have a continous supply of strawberries, they grow well if well watered, lidl and aldi do promotions on them and bought six,well worth getting a good few! Strawberries are delicious.

Lettuce and curly lettuce grow like wild fire and its a must that u keep thinning out the plants or they just grow wild!

I was adventurous and bought a cucumber, chillie plant, runner beans and also pepper plants. They are not long in and so just a cucumber has started to develop so fingers crossed i get a good crop.

Also sowed onions and spring onions-all they need is daily watering and alot of it and a good weeding as you'll find weeds grown very quick.

Tomatoe plants need the most maintenance but i have a good crop coming along and again i bought six plants of different varieties. (aldi priced at 2.49e)i bought good strong ones as i had planted some from seed and thay take a long time to develop. They need tomatoe food once the tomatoes appear. I tied string from the roof to the tomatoe plants as they tend to droop when they get big so it gives them more support.

if you know someone with a greenhouse ask them to give you some lettuce to transplant, i did this and it took off no problem.

Good luck and enjoy all the fresh organic produce!!
beebeehse is offline   Reply With Quote