Thread: Cottage #2
View Single Post
Old Posted: 10-08-2008 , 10:51 PM #1
unapam

Default Cottage #2

Is it possible to furnish a whole room with just recycled items? A kitchen for example...
Here is a Before of my kitchen and the After...After I sourced everything it needed on Jumbletown, charity shops, donations from friends, made it myself, raided skips etc..... everything needed to kit out a kitchen...everything - curtains, cutlery, glasses, dishes, plates, chairs, toaster, kettle, cooker, linens...EVERYTHING! Nothing new except the wooden boards for the ceiling and the paint.

It is possible - if you are prepared to put in the effort to source used items.
It is very satisfying - it did not start off as a recycling project but once it got going I made up my mind to see it through as one.

I will add more before and afters of the other rooms that...yes, you guessed it! ...are totally furnished with recycled stuff. I hope to inspire others to do the same because it IS possible to do ...and the best thing? I met wonderful like minded people while putting it together. Thanks to everyone who made a contribution. Shamrocklady..do you see your plates? Sky...see your cabinet and curtains?

More before and after photos...
Attached Images

unapam is offline   Reply With Quote
JumbleTown Sponsored Links