View Single Post
Old Posted: 16-02-2010 , 09:55 AM #1
rickaddams

Default Heating Boiler Needs Replacing

Hi Guys

Ive been told my central heating boiler needs replacing (the house is just 8 years old) Im new to all this kinda thing so dont properly understand whats going on here....but it seems there's a leak somewhere (caused by I think he said by a setting on the boiler itself which directed water to my attic instead of just to my rads if that makes any sense)anyway small pools of water are leaking from the boiler on a daily basis (about a pint a day)and the rads keep getting air locked ...so been advised that the boiler and burner the whole system in fact needs replacing the burner itself cannot be repaired he says .....estimated cost with labour Eur 2000....just wondering if anyone could suggest a cheaper alternative heating system as I cant afford this expense right now ....he also says even if I turn off the system it will still leak and get worse as time goes on...in fairness Im not being put under any pressure at all here ..but kinda worried that this will one day burst or explode or something worse......all suggestions or advice welcome ..many thanx.

Rick
rickaddams is offline   Reply With Quote
JumbleTown Sponsored Links