View Single Post
Old Posted: 17-02-2010 , 01:28 PM #9
rainbow09

Gem/gerkross are the same boiler/company, there based in where you are,

saying that i wouldnt recommned a condensing boiler, for a few reasons

*they have a stainless steel heat exhanger with a life expectancy of at most about 8 years,

* if your system is as bad as you say, then odds are this will corrode or get blocked in half that

* to get that maximum Eff rating your boiler flow water has to be roughly that of the return water, about 30 degres, considerin your average heatin system runs at 70, the heat exchange needed to get that rating is not possible

* the new boiler will have a rielo RBD burner not the R40 you currently have, trust me these give trouble,

If your are installing this boiler to get the grant which is 700 euro your heatin controls need to be upgraded as well, meanig your system is split therefore you can heat the radiators or the cylinder or both at the same time. This is done with mini valves, clocks, and stats, and pack for this is abour 150 euro not including the plumbers labor and the pipe and fittings need to change system.

the savings compared to a condesing boiler and and standard one is worked out to b rougly half a pint of kero a day

the condensing boiler can not burn diesel.

I would still recommed that you get your local supplier to ring gem/gerkross and ask them if they still have any of the old ones lying about, I'd be nearly positive they do.

This then is a direct replacement for your own, no pipes need moving and will sit in exactly where your old one is, and if your any way handy you can do it urself
rainbow09 is offline   Reply With Quote