View Single Post
Old Posted: 05-08-2009 , 11:32 AM #8
TickTock

Default Need ideas for storing thousands of Photos

Biker Chick. I almost cried when I heard you had burned negatives! I would advise anyone never never ever get rid negatives. This was done in my family by someone thinking they were doing the right thing after an elderly person died. We now have very little in the way of photos of that person- its a tragedy. As I'm interested in family history I would always suggest using family albums. TKMaxx do lovely ones very cheaply. Get the ones that need photo corners - I don't recommend the sticky albums. If you could put the names, dates, and place name on the back of the photos it would help or in a label under each photo. Yes, it can be a big job but so worth it in the end. When people get older they can forget who someone was or where a photo was taken.

Some people have taken up the American hobby of scrapbooking but I am not in favour of this myself as what they do is print out a second photo and stick it on a page decorated with lovely paper, flowers, memorabilia etc. It's an expensive hobby and you actually end up with double amount of photos. I'd just prefer to be able to look at the photos which are the most important thing. Although scrapbooking works for special family events, like first day at school, weddings, special holidays, etc. Its just not for me. Or the other simpler answer - shoeboxes!!
TickTock is offline   Reply With Quote