View Single Post
Old Posted: 02-10-2006 , 09:20 AM #1
chara

Default Message to those who have the authority to make decisions in the recycling arena

To all the relevant authorities in the recycling arena. Could I make you aware of a couple of points.

Any person I know and there are many who are entitled to a waiver on their waste bins, don't bother recyclying because they feel it doesn't affect them.

When I see advertisments on the T.V. for recycling I get frustrated, because I feel they should be more informative, ie; not talk generally about recycling, but show specifically how to do it. For example; one ad. could show Diarmiud putting all the appropriate items into the green bin, and showing the cleaning and drying of them where appropriate. I have seen people put shoes etc. into the green bin. The information on the T.V. should be showing exactly what goes in and in what state the item should be in.

Similarly for composting, drives me mad when the guy just tells us we should compost without giving any specific tips. What a waste of airtime. I am trying to compost for the longest time and would be so relieved to see an ad. explaining what I should be doing, ie; how to do it. What I am doing wrong if I am getting a lot of flies etc. Come on give us the real information in the ads. to show us HOW.

Finally, when Diarmiud talks about the bring centre he should be explaining exactly what can go there, ie; is it soft plastic or hard, do you leave the lids on jars etc. please please. No more sexy recycling ads. Just the hard facts we need. If you don't know what the public needs to know, ask them.
chara is offline   Reply With Quote
JumbleTown Sponsored Links