View Single Post
Old Posted: 19-07-2012 , 11:58 AM #4
mario40

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillo
Just wondering if anyone has any tips for improving the look at least of my laminate floor in the sitting room, the laminate seems to be worn off the area where the computer desk is and where my husband usually sits. The floor is otherwise perfect, so I hope I don't have to redo the whole floor or replace it.

Any advice would be much appreciated, even to stop it getting any worse before I can afford to get new fllooring. Thanks
Hi Gillo,
Unfortunately there is n't really anything you can do once the laminate wears through. What shops and salesmen don't tell you is that laminate is not really suitable for any areas where it is likeky to have a lot of use. Think about it even a semi-solid floor has a wearing thickness of between 6 - 8mm, whereas a laminate has a wearing surface of about 0.25mm. I know the laminate is a plastic effect so should wear well, but in truth, laminate is only really suitable for bedrooms or similar and is in fact poor value in the long run against solid or semi-solid flooring in high footfall areas like halls, living rooms or kitchens.
Regards
Anthony
mario40 is offline   Reply With Quote