View Single Post
Old Posted: 03-07-2012 , 09:17 AM #5
zag

It's really frustrating not being able to find out who has posted what. It looks like the function only reports threads which are still open and since you close threads after a few days this means that in reality we normally only see a series of 3 or 4 "next", "would love this", etc . . . sort of posts.

When I have stuff to give away I would *far, far, far* prefer to give it to someone who has also given rather than just someone who is hoovering up everything on offer.

While Jumbletown is supposed to be primarily about moving stuff on, I think it should also let people decide who to pass it on to based on their history on the site. Right now there is no effective way to look at someones history.

I did use the search function, but it only seems to show open threads and not closed threads.

I've no problem passing on some stuff to someone who is going to sell it on at a car boot sale or otherwise make money from it, but given a choice I would prefer to give it to someone local and who has a real need rather than someone who drives half way across the country in a van to pick up everything in my house.

When is Jumbletown going to get the history function working again ?

z

[edit] the bottom line is that the way this site works now seems to favour the commercial/hoover rather than the individual user by virtue of hiding their history. I think it should be neutral between both and let the user decide.