Old Posted: 06-05-2010 , 09:32 PM #18
bings

Default reg plate

You learn something new every day.
bings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 08-02-2011 , 01:13 PM #19
cois3434

Default are plates still available

hi, i am a number plate collector from clare, are the plates you have still available, thanks,
cois3434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 08-02-2011 , 01:18 PM #20
Ceb

Quote:
Originally Posted by cois3434
hi, i am a number plate collector from clare, are the plates you have still available, thanks,

really? sounds a bit sinister to me, i can understand some of the vintage plates but why would anyone collect modern irish plates from cars that are more than likely still on the road, also i think this is illegal. In fact i'm almost certain it is illegal to be in possession of number plates from cars that are not yours and more importantly ones that are still on the road
Ceb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 08-02-2011 , 01:53 PM #21
garrazzaband

Quote:

There in my attick now. The other poster 'Ceb' thinks it might be illegal or someone might want them for spurious reasons.....mnnnnnn

Post a couple of pics of your collection and we'll see!
garrazzaband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 08-02-2011 , 01:55 PM #22
Ceb

Quote:
Originally Posted by garrazzaband
There in my attick now. The other poster 'Ceb' thinks it might be illegal or someone might want them for spurious reasons.....mnnnnnn

Post a couple of pics of your collection and we'll see!

if i were you id throw them in the fire and be done with them to be honest, the law can be quite strict on this sort of thing
Old Posted: 08-02-2011 , 01:58 PM #23
garrazzaband

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceb
if i were you id throw them in the fire and be done with them to be honest, the law can be quite strict on this sort of thing

Jesus Ceb, your frightening the life out o' me!!
Old Posted: 08-02-2011 , 03:00 PM #24
cois3434

Default ? just made a simple enquiry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceb
really? sounds a bit sinister to me, i can understand some of the vintage plates but why would anyone collect modern irish plates from cars that are more than likely still on the road, also i think this is illegal. In fact i'm almost certain it is illegal to be in possession of number plates from cars that are not yours and more importantly ones that are still on the road

nothing sinister or illegal (ha ha, another busy body who thinks they know it all!!),

i collect mainly european and US plates, i trade with collectors from the US and France, we trade and swop plates between each other (obviously they want the Irish plates and i want theirs and we do straight swops). Obviously the new plates are not worth as much to overseas collectors but they are worth something.

If someone did want to be sinister they can copy a plate from any vehicle they see and go into a motor factors and get them printed!!

I can send on pics of all the foreign plates i have but didnt really think it would be this much hassle really. Was just browsing the jumbletown site as i only joined today.
Old Posted: 08-02-2011 , 03:06 PM #25
cois3434

Default burning plastics in a fire?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceb

would you not be better off bringing them to a recycling plant? Burning plastics!!! the council can be 'quite strict on this sort of thing'
Old Posted: 08-02-2011 , 04:05 PM #26
Ceb

Quote:
would you not be better off bringing them to a recycling plant? Burning plastics!!! the council can be 'quite strict on this sort of thing'
sorry bout that but youd be best off either snapping them or burning them and being done with
Old Posted: 08-02-2011 , 07:03 PM #27
garrazzaband

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceb
sorry bout that but youd be best off either snapping them or burning them and being done with
I'm getting a little concerned about you Ceb, you seem to be very, very anxious that I get rid of them. ...You sure you didn't drive a car that one of those plates belonged to ...lol.
Old Posted: 08-02-2011 , 07:07 PM #28
Ceb

Quote:
I'm getting a little concerned about you Ceb, you seem to be very, very anxious that I get rid of them. ...You sure you didn't drive a car that one of those plates belonged to ...lol.
luckily i did not however a few months back i recieved some bills from the m50 toll bridge for a car i had scrapped over 3 years ago, luckily enough the gardai had a record of my car being scrapped back then so all was fine, i just believe that if a reg comes off a car its best that its destroyed
Old Posted: 08-02-2011 , 07:24 PM #29
garrazzaband

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceb
luckily i did not however a few months back i recieved some bills from the m50 toll bridge for a car i had scrapped over 3 years ago, luckily enough the gardai had a record of my car being scrapped back then so all was fine, i just believe that if a reg comes off a car its best that its destroyed
Ahh, I see. Can see what your thinking there, a good point allright. Don't mind my little bit of humour there.

Incidently I never mentioned it before but I used to walk past those plates which were lying on the side of a country road in full view of traffic. Although not a lot of traffic they were there for at least a couple of months. I got sick of looking at them littering the countryside so brought them home after one of my walks. I was hoping to use them for something else like an ornament or whatever but never came up with any ideas.

Cois, maybe I swap them for something, what do you have that might interest me!!!!...I could use a 70's amplifier, like a Pioneer if you them !!!smile.
Old Posted: 08-02-2011 , 09:27 PM #30
Chris P
Administrator

Default from Admin

Quote:
...Cois, maybe I swap them for something, what do you have that might interest me!!!!...I could use a 70's amplifier, like a Pioneer if you them !!!smile.
Hi garrazzaband,

It's great to see that you might have a Taker for your "controversial" items (I'm not sure they should be on JumbleTown myself...). However, you'll have to pass them on for free as swapping is prohibited on JumbleTown. Please see "Fundamentals" in the User Tips post near the top of all the Giver's forums...here:

http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=6326

Thanks for using JumbleTown.

Regards
Chris P
Admin
Chris P is offline   Reply With Quote