JumbleTown Ireland

Go Back   JumbleTown Ireland > Green Zone > Green Tips & Green Fingers
User Name
Password
HOME FAQ Register Search Mark Forums Read

Old Posted: 31-01-2009 , 11:34 AM #16
TanTan

Default Hi

was ALLOWED into my father-in-laws shed one time and as the roof was fairly low he had screwed the lid of coffee jars etc to the beams and then he could screw/unscrew each jar filled with nuts bolts etc. Some of the jars had label like "1/4 inch" so he could find things easily.
TanTan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 31-01-2009 , 12:12 PM #17
gillo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanTan
was ALLOWED into my father-in-laws shed one time and as the roof was fairly low he had screwed the lid of coffee jars etc to the beams and then he could screw/unscrew each jar filled with nuts bolts etc. Some of the jars had label like "1/4 inch" so he could find things easily.

That is a brilliant idea! I've lost count of the number of times hubby has gone to the shed looking for a particular sized screw and spent ages rooting and only finds them ages after a lot of cursing and swearing! Must tell him about this
gillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 04-02-2009 , 12:24 PM #18
bluecurlygirl

Yes Tan-Tan, I love it. Brilliant idea. Someone mentioned it earlier too but I couldn't quite picture it. Now I can. Will be trying this out at home to free up valuable shelf space in the shed.
bluecurlygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 04-02-2009 , 12:27 PM #19
bluecurlygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by paprika
Thanks for the lovely ideas!!

I have some glasspaint at home (hope it still works, haven't used it for years..), will do a few lanterns.

Like the spices idea, there is a gorgeous Indian shop in Tullamore where you can buy spices for really cheap, and it's great to store them this way. Sure I can make some labels for them too.

I like the seashell idea too, my bathroom is really plain lookin and have lots of shells hee, collecting only the dust. And will get a bag of corall from Ceathru Rua, that would look lovely!!

And just got a bread maker from my mother-in-law, and you can make jam in it, too. So I'll use a few for that.

Thank, thank you, I'm delighted!!

If anyone has more ideas they are very welcome!

Thanks,
p
:)

Wonderwoman - that's what you are. Little teething baby and you're gonna do all this. I would take my hat off to you if I had a hat. Good girl yourself. We want photos when it's all done please.
bluecurlygirl is offline   Reply With Quote