Password
HOME FAQ Register Search Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old Posted: 13-04-2009 , 08:51 PM #136
jennie

Quote:
Originally Posted by betsy10112000
hi guys
i wanna cut down on my bills as much as i can.i dont have sky tv etc.
when i moved into my house last september i got a phone line off eircom just so i could get the broadband,now its costing me 80 euro a month just forthe phone that i never use!!
does anyone know who i can get fast reliable broadband from without having a phone line?
i live in gorey,county wexford.i tried chorus ntl but they dont cover my area.
please any suggestions?

oh and just to let people know.i changed every single bulb in my house to energy saving light bulbs and i got my esb bill through,its normally 120 euro every 2 months but now its 62 euro every 2 months.what a massive saving.
buy you bulbs reallly cheap on ebay,save even more this way :)

Hi,

If your not using the phone would you consider disconnecting it & buying the mobile broadband from any mobile phone operator?? 3G used to be the cheapest, you paid around €100 for your modem & €20 a month then. Just go into any carphone warehouse & pick up a brochure & you'll see the pricelist in the back for all operators & what they offer you each month. Plus they can check your area for you to see if you have enough coverage in your area to avail of the mobile broadband.

jennie
Old Posted: 13-04-2009 , 11:31 PM #137
betsy10112000

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennie
Hi,

If your not using the phone would you consider disconnecting it & buying the mobile broadband from any mobile phone operator?? 3G used to be the cheapest, you paid around €100 for your modem & €20 a month then. Just go into any carphone warehouse & pick up a brochure & you'll see the pricelist in the back for all operators & what they offer you each month. Plus they can check your area for you to see if you have enough coverage in your area to avail of the mobile broadband.

jennie
thanks for that will go to carphone warehouse tomorrow :)
can i cancel my eircom even if i havent been with them 12 months?
Old Posted: 14-04-2009 , 02:00 PM #138
jennie

Well I can't see why they wouldn't let you cancel it, seen as they cut you off anyway when your late paying a bill!!

Also I looked in to Perlico a while back & for a basic package for broadband & unlimited irish calls it was it was wayyyyy cheaper than Eircom, the saving was unreal... & the do special offers a fair bit too

:( we couldn't switch tho cos himself has a business listing with eircom & if he moves he'll lose that, even tho we're paying mad money for the broadband when it's as slow at times & keeps disconnecting!
Old Posted: 14-04-2009 , 08:55 PM #139
susannn10

Default Re the mobile broadband

Hi Just said i reply in relation to the mobile broadband, i was on the 3g site a couple of days ago getting the broadband. I was charged €1 as an adminstration charge,which you've to pay online with your credit/debit card, modem was free and it's €19.99 per month, you just set up a direct debit to pay it. And it's delivered mega quick too. So you're not waiting ages. Hope this proves usefull. Susan
Old Posted: 15-04-2009 , 09:27 AM #140
jennie

Some of them offer Bill pay at the PO as well.
Old Posted: 15-04-2009 , 04:09 PM #141
betsy10112000

Quote:
Originally Posted by susannn10
Hi Just said i reply in relation to the mobile broadband, i was on the 3g site a couple of days ago getting the broadband. I was charged €1 as an adminstration charge,which you've to pay online with your credit/debit card, modem was free and it's €19.99 per month, you just set up a direct debit to pay it. And it's delivered mega quick too. So you're not waiting ages. Hope this proves usefull. Susan
thanks for that but wont go back to 3G.i had them for 1 month and had nothing but trouble and such slow internet.when i cancelled within the allotted time i was told i wouldnt be charged and i canceled my direct debit.but twice they went into my account and took out money!!
i still have an ongoing investigation about this.
Old Posted: 15-04-2009 , 08:46 PM #142
noni

Default saving money

Hi Betsy,
Your Eircom bill shouldnt be around 80 euro when you dont use it, it should be the phone line charge which is 20 something euro . I changed to BT a couple of years ago both our phoneline and wireless broadband and we are pleased with the service it costs 40 something euro per month which includes phone line rental, calls and broadband.
Old Posted: 01-05-2009 , 11:45 AM #143
jenniferalan

I would advise talking to the Revenue about this, www.revenue.ie
Old Posted: 01-05-2009 , 10:45 PM #144
jennie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssauliuss
QUERY

Hallo everyone, i dont know, can i ask about road taxes here? Problem is that i pay verry big road tax for ford transit van. Is not big van, everyone who haves van like this, says road taxes cost 200-300 or more per year.. I payd 265 per 3 monts, i asked price for 1 year-900 eur!!! My van ensured privatly, but if i will ensure for commercial use, they says i will pay about 500 per 3 monts, dont know how much per year... Whats the f..k here? Someone, let me know whats wrong here... Im unemployed, i use my van with expired tax disc, dont have money, and i know, something wrong here... Thanks to everyone..

Your best bet is ask the motor tax office anyone taxing a transit for a year for €265 probably has it classed as a mobile workshop. If it's a crew cab transit you have it could explain the cost, they don't see them as a van they get classed as passenger carrying vehicles same as a car & cos the van weighs so much you fall in the high bracket
Old Posted: 01-05-2009 , 10:50 PM #145
jennie

Default Woohoo

Once again, I placed the monthly pet order online, on account of buying off the English site & paying in sterling plus a 10% discount (I cheated the discount again lol I managed to get 1 for 1 on the cost cos of it tho), Plus free delivery.

I got 33 items off the English site where as I would have only got 3 off the Irish site for the same price. So lots of spoilt happy pets next week & a happy purse as I have been saving up all my spare change the past month to stock up on the 4 leggys.
Old Posted: 01-05-2009 , 11:18 PM #146
ssauliuss

Thank u Jennie, i will try to find best way...
Old Posted: 02-05-2009 , 09:34 AM #147
Sabrinabray

Quote:
Once again, I placed the monthly pet order online, on account of buying off the English site & paying in sterling plus a 10% discount (I cheated the discount again lol I managed to get 1 for 1 on the cost cos of it tho), Plus free delivery.

I got 33 items off the English site where as I would have only got 3 off the Irish site for the same price. So lots of spoilt happy pets next week & a happy purse as I have been saving up all my spare change the past month to stock up on the 4 leggys.
Hi jennie
Can u pls give me the name of the site?
Thanks!
Old Posted: 02-05-2009 , 01:03 PM #148
jennie

Default Cheap Pet Food Site

Hi,

The name is www.zooplus.co.uk. Never use the Irish site, things are over priced & some the same as what you'd pay in a shop here & you only get a 5% discount on your first order where as the English one gives you a 10% discount. The discount worked wonders for me the exchange rate was horrible when I ordered but thanks to the discount it left it one for one on the price.

Examples: I got a bag of dog food €38.80 on the irish site where as £28.99 on the Uk one, automatic saving of €10, I got a multi-pack of hamster bedding (3 bags per multi pack) for the same price of just one pack out of the pet shop, therefore 3 for the price of 1 here. Everything I got on it was a bargain. & 10 free 9KG bags of litter type stuff to use for the hamsters as they don't sell the woodchip.

Also anyone interested in ordering from zooplus, if I refer ppl they'll give you a £3 voucher to use on the site
Old Posted: 02-05-2009 , 01:14 PM #149
Sabrinabray

Quote:
The name is www.zooplus.co.uk
Thanks jennie! Off to have a gander now!
Old Posted: 05-05-2009 , 09:06 PM #150
jennie

I know!! Ignore those "Save Private Euro" posters you see every where... go north instead lol
Closed Thread