JumbleTown Ireland

Go Back   JumbleTown Ireland > Green Zone > Green Tips & Green Fingers
User Name
Password
HOME FAQ Register Search Mark Forums Read

Old Posted: 30-05-2012 , 09:18 AM #76
Loud

Default Building a pallet shed

we are hoping to build an 8'x10' pallet shed. not sure where to begin though has anyone any advice or plans they used?
Loud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 11-06-2012 , 12:51 PM #77
Olivier

Loud, there's a website with lots of pictures of various projects: http://summerville-novascotia.com/PalletShed/
no plans really but the photos are explicit enough. that's how I built mine.

I neglected this project for a while, but finally managed to put the roof structure down. I got reclaimed leftover pieces of 2x3 and 2x6 from a building site.
Attached Images

Olivier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 19-06-2012 , 09:58 AM #78
Olivier

more progress on this.

I finally made a wee article about it on my blog too.
http://olivierlonguet.blogspot.ie/20...t-pallets.html
Attached Images

Old Posted: 19-06-2012 , 01:50 PM #79
Jayne402010

Default So Tell Me...

Wow! This is amazing!
But I have a question, can you advise me where to go to get pallets (I don't mind paying ) as I cannot seem to find anybody who will tell me and I am going nuts trying to locate a few!!!! Big Thank You in anticipation of a solution for my problem ;) ....
Jayne402010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 19-06-2012 , 03:08 PM #80
TickTock

I've seen them behind industrial/commercial premises in their incoming/despatch departments. If you see any near commercial companies just knock on their door and they might be glad to be rid of them. The worst that can happen is they say no. Otherwise, they can turn up in skips but you need to keep your eyes peeled.
TickTock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 09-07-2012 , 10:08 PM #81
palminnie2

Default one pallet make a pergola

someone dumped a pallet on my grass outside, i had told some neighbours i was looking for them, will one pallet make a pergola, the first in this tread looked mighty but how did the posts come together to give it that height? i hope you will answer. there is another pallet at the house where i think the first came from.
palminnie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 16-07-2012 , 10:42 AM #82
Olivier

palminnie2: I think you'd need 3, maybe 4 pallets to get something nice as not all the wood might be usable on just one pallet.

Here's more progress shots from my shed project
Attached Images

Old Posted: 17-08-2012 , 09:31 AM #83
Olivier

I'm pretty much finished building my pallet shed ... pallets and reclaimed wood and bits. Total cost is under €170 , for screws, a few electrical fittings etc... It'll be by surfboard making shed.
It just needs a door (in progress), some wood protection on the outside and a clearer blue inside and a couple more pieces here and there but it's fully functional now, dry and water tight
Attached Images

Old Posted: 17-08-2012 , 09:55 AM #84
shonastar

Wow! Seriously impressed, it looks amazing!
shonastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 26-08-2012 , 04:39 PM #85
Mensa6

Hundreds of uses for pallets!
Well done you! Looks brilliant, very clever.
Check these out:

http://www.google.ie/imgres?q=upcycl...r:0,s:13,i:113
Mensa6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 20-09-2012 , 11:11 PM #86
bluecurlygirl

Default Calling all Pallet Lovers - can you help?

Hi all. I love, love love what you've done with pallets on here. I found this thread cos I was looking for a way to build a cabin bed/high sleeper with pallets or any advice. I have a picture in my head of what I want. My little woman wants (and badly needs) a room makeover. Her furniture is falling apart bless her and we have a seriously limited budget. She has such a small room and such a need for storage, a cabin bed with a set of bookshelves on one side and a hanging rail on t'other would be my dream bed to give her. For personal reasons I need a goal too. I don't have ANY woodwork experience but my 21 year old son can be surprisingly handy at times. Does anyone know if pallets would be sturdy enough for this type of project or how the heck would I go about it and would it be strong enough to hold her and (for now - long may it last) her mammy for a bedtime story or a snuggle. Or could I strengthen it in some way to ensure that? As you can see, haven't a baldy. Any help/advice would be great. Or is there are any alternative building material? Cheers guys. Keep up the good work. I don't check in often enough these days.
bluecurlygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 02-11-2012 , 03:59 PM #87
Olivier

Had a leftover of pallets so I made me a desk with it. The room had an awkward shape and I never found a proper desk to suit it properly.
works a charm now :)
Attached Images

Old Posted: 03-11-2012 , 01:20 AM #88
bluecurlygirl

Olivier I love what you've done. The desk is looking class too. Can you offer any advice on making a cabin bed out of pallets? Would it be possible do you think?
Old Posted: 06-11-2012 , 01:37 PM #89
Olivier

i'd say it would work fine. However pallets might not be the safest option for a bed. They are chemically treated and long repeated static exposure (such as sleep) is probably not recommended. A desk or a utility table is fine, or even a small shed, but I'd have reservation when it comes to a bed or a dinner table.
Old Posted: 09-11-2012 , 04:06 PM #90
bluecurlygirl

Default Thank you

Thanks a million Olivier. That's really good to know. I guess I'll be looking for an alternative material then so. Preferably something recycled though. Any advice from anyone would be great or if someone has already taken on a project like this it'd be fantabulous to hear from them. x