JumbleTown Ireland

Go Back   JumbleTown Ireland > Support Forum > Support Forum
User Name
Password
HOME FAQ Register Search Mark Forums Read

Old Posted: 08-02-2009 , 05:33 PM #1
gillo

Default how to delete a thread

Hi, guys, I've just started a new thread but then realised it was in wrong section. How do I delete it? I pressed the edit/delete button but all I got there was options to edit the post and no instructions on how to delete it. Maybe I'm just thick and missing something obvious,but I'm really lost on this one.
gillo is offline   Reply With Quote
JumbleTown Sponsored Links

Old Posted: 08-02-2009 , 05:46 PM #2
Bibi

Default Deletion of thread.

Hi Gillo,

Click on "Edit Post"

First option there is how to Delete a Message.
In the "Deletion Options" box click on the Delete Msg option....
& then click " Delete this Message".
That should do the trick!!

Good Luck & Regards,

Bibi.
Bibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 08-02-2009 , 06:24 PM #3
gillo

Hi, Bibi, thanks for replying, but I still can't see what you mean. when i click edit post all I get is my post and options to edit it. Nowhere on the screen is there a delete option, I just can't work out where it is. Underneath there is another section which says additional options, but that seems to be just for adding photos. Sorry if I sound stupid, but I really can't see where it gives the option to delete
Old Posted: 08-02-2009 , 06:51 PM #4
Chris P
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillo
Hi, Bibi, thanks for replying, but I still can't see what you mean. when i click edit post all I get is my post and options to edit it. Nowhere on the screen is there a delete option, I just can't work out where it is. Underneath there is another section which says additional options, but that seems to be just for adding photos. Sorry if I sound stupid, but I really can't see where it gives the option to delete
Hi Gillo,

When you click the Edit Post button, two large boxes appear on the page. The top has Delete instructions, the bottom, Edit instructions.

Regards
Chris P
Admin
Chris P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 08-02-2009 , 08:36 PM #5
Bibi

Default Deletion of thread.

Hi Gillo,

You don't sound stupid at all :) ....maybe you are not scrolling up enough when you go into edit post. In the top left hand corner of first large box you will see - DELETE THIS MESSAGE....try again & good luck.

Regards.
Bibi
Bibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 08-02-2009 , 08:54 PM #6
gillo

Thanks Chris P and Bibi for taking the time to reply, but there must be something different on your computers to what's on mine. When I click the edit post button all that is in the top left hand corner is the jumbletown logo and my post in it's original format. I can edit it all I like but nowhere is there an option to delete. The box underneath this is for additional options, which is for adding photos or closing thread. I give up at this stage, admin can delete it when they get the chance. Regards, gillo
Old Posted: 08-02-2009 , 09:54 PM #7
Chris P
Administrator

Default from Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillo
Thanks Chris P and Bibi for taking the time to reply, but there must be something different on your computers to what's on mine. When I click the edit post button all that is in the top left hand corner is the jumbletown logo and my post in it's original format. I can edit it all I like but nowhere is there an option to delete. The box underneath this is for additional options, which is for adding photos or closing thread. I give up at this stage, admin can delete it when they get the chance. Regards, gillo
Hi gillo,

Try deleting the thread in question now.

Click Edit Post -- you should see two boxes: (1) Delete (2) Edit.

OR

Click the "Thread Tools" button at the top right of your thread as you look at it. Choose "Delete" from the drop-down box.

Regards
Chris P
Admin
Old Posted: 08-02-2009 , 09:59 PM #8
kiara

Whatever was wrong you fixed it Chris! Before I could only delete my wanted ads, now my 'giving' ads are the same, Kiara
kiara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 08-02-2009 , 10:13 PM #9
Chris P
Administrator

Default from Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiara
Whatever was wrong you fixed it Chris! Before I could only delete my wanted ads, now my 'giving' ads are the same, Kiara
That's right, Kiara, we've just configured things so that Members can now delete any thread they start in any forum.

NB. Members should be aware that if they delete a thread they've started, all other posts by themselves and other Members on that thread will also be deleted.

Regards
Chris P
Admin
Old Posted: 08-02-2009 , 10:17 PM #10
gillo

Hallelujah! Thanks, Chris, problem solved now. I knew I had managed to delete threads before and couldn't work out why i couldn't do it this time. Thought I was going bonkers!