User Name
Password
HOME FAQ Register Search Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old Posted: 02-02-2009 , 01:22 AM #91
Redrubies

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillo
Hi betsy, this all sounds brilliant especially the internet shopping but I'd love to know how you pay for stuff on the internet without either a credit or laser card. I'm really curious to know, it would be brilliant to do this. Recently, on a trip to Scotland my husband and I tried to rent a car and simply could not do it without a credit card, (we got rid of ours a year ago), none of the companies would even accept laser cards. It was so frustrating, so I'm really interested to know how it's done. Thanks, gillo

Check out www.3v.com
Old Posted: 02-02-2009 , 01:03 PM #92
gillo

Thanks xmillyx2007 and Redrubies for that info. Will be checking all that out, regards, gillo
Old Posted: 02-02-2009 , 01:05 PM #93
bluecurlygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrubies
Check out www.3v.com

Before you get a 3v card check out what the annual limit is. I had one of these when I joined ebay first and I can't remember what the limit was then but I know I exceeded it unknowingly and was left in a right mess paying a fortune for sterling bank drafts etc. So worth checking out first.
Old Posted: 02-02-2009 , 01:06 PM #94
bluecurlygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by glowmama
Regarding www.fuelsaver.ie - the company is in Fermanagh. You can see this at the bottom of the page.

I couldn't find it at the bottom of the page until I went into the link to "verify". So was it hard to install and does your car run more smoothly? Just one other thing, if the company is in Fermanagh why was there an Irish postmark on it?
Old Posted: 02-02-2009 , 01:09 PM #95
bluecurlygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantasLittleHelper
There on eBay for only 5.95 - looks like the same kind of thing. There giving a 30 day money back guarantee. Think I'll grab one.

http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...m=270338617058

That's the same company that's selling through the link that glowmama put up. I wonder why the difference in price?
Old Posted: 03-02-2009 , 09:09 PM #96
bluecurlygirl

Default Paper briquettes

Don't forget the thread on paper briquettes. If you search for it on the first page you should find it. I haven't done it yet but I fully intend to start soon. I have an old clothes horse that's warped which I'll be putting over the bath and that should give me loads of room to make a good few. And please don't put up links to the sale of the paper-briquette makers on ebay. The above-mentioned thread tells you how to make them without machines.
Also, the thread on natural cleaning products. I'm still using a few bottles of detergent/cleaning fluids/polishes that are in my press but once they're gone they won't be replaced. Cleaning my range & electric cooker has never been so easy. Plaster on the bread soda & washing up liquid paste, leave it for 10 minutes and BRUSH IT OFF - don't wash it off or you'll be there all day. No elbow grease involved & they come up shining. And a lot cheaper. I'll certainly be needing all these tips now after the hammering we've taken today. I'll be losing between €60 - €70 p.w. thank to Cowen and his p****s. I can't understand how someone earning 8.5 times my salary is only paying 1.5 times the levy that's being put on me though. P****d off as hell so not staying on long guys. So mad and don't know how the hell I'm gonna make ends meet. It's been tough enough lately but it's just gonna be impossible after that slap in the face.
Old Posted: 03-02-2009 , 10:45 PM #97
Wizzzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrubies
Check out www.3v.com

A better option is to go for Wirecard. It is a pre paid credit card and it has no limits, you can get the online verson free of charge or get the proper plastic card for I believe 25 euro and you have it in 5 - 10 working days.

https://www.wirecard.com/wirecard/
Old Posted: 03-02-2009 , 10:56 PM #98
jenniferalan

I couldnt keep up with what Cowen was saying today as he moved so swiftly from one topic to another. I couldn't keep up with him so don't know how much it will effect me. Guess it will be in the papers tomorrow
Old Posted: 03-02-2009 , 11:25 PM #99
kiara

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecurlygirl
Before you get a 3v card check out what the annual limit is. I had one of these when I joined ebay first and I can't remember what the limit was then but I know I exceeded it unknowingly and was left in a right mess paying a fortune for sterling bank drafts etc. So worth checking out first.

I've just got one of these cards, the limit on what you can top up at any one time is 350euro, I wasn't aware of an annual limit though, please enlighten me before I shop myself into financial crisis! :) Kiara xxx
Old Posted: 04-02-2009 , 12:15 PM #100
bluecurlygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiara
I've just got one of these cards, the limit on what you can top up at any one time is 350euro, I wasn't aware of an annual limit though, please enlighten me before I shop myself into financial crisis! :) Kiara xxx

It's €2500 per annum now. I've just looked up the website. So unless you're a shopaholic it won't bother you (hopefully) but you'd best be careful that you don't become "flush" all of a sudden and buy a few big things. Although sites like this will hopefully prevent us all doing that too often.
Old Posted: 04-02-2009 , 10:57 PM #101
xmillyx2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiara

Hi Kiara,
As far as i know that just means you are only allowed to top up the pre paid card with 350euro at one time in the shops, it does not mean you are going to be charged that to use the card...
The charges are paid in the shop when you top up.
I think the least you can top up with at any one time is 40euro and i think the charge for this is 2.50cent mabey 5.00 not too sure but can ask partner...
Any shop that tops up 3V cards are able to tell you whats the least and max ammounts are for topping up ur card at any one time and what the charges are...
I hope this is of some help, Milly
Old Posted: 05-02-2009 , 09:38 PM #102
rossadrehid

Default cascais on tipping

If u ever get to new york they will put manners on u.
the staff in restaurants, bars etc just get paid a basic not like the basic here more like $5 so need tips to live on its the system . it makes good workers and good service so if u do not tip it means (the poor staff who work flat out) u are telling them they are useless.
Old Posted: 06-02-2009 , 10:16 AM #103
kiara

Hi guys, thanks for that, I haven't actually topped it up yet and I saw that I can transfer money directly from my bank account to paypal, that might be a better option? x
Old Posted: 06-02-2009 , 10:41 AM #104
betsy10112000

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmillyx2007
Hi Kiara,
As far as i know that just means you are only allowed to top up the pre paid card with 350euro at one time in the shops, it does not mean you are going to be charged that to use the card...
The charges are paid in the shop when you top up.
I think the least you can top up with at any one time is 40euro and i think the charge for this is 2.50cent mabey 5.00 not too sure but can ask partner...
Any shop that tops up 3V cards are able to tell you whats the least and max ammounts are for topping up ur card at any one time and what the charges are...
I hope this is of some help, Milly
hi have have and constanting use my 3V card.the minimumm you can top up is 10 euro and also i have toped up my 3v card by more than 350 euro on many occassions and never had any problem.the charge is 2.50 euro for up to 150 euro i think then 5.00 euro after that.
Old Posted: 06-02-2009 , 01:52 PM #105
chakes

Betsy...did you say you can get cheap flights????

I don't have broadband where I live - no surprise - but I am looking to travel to Asia in Oct...and its taking me ages to go through the sites.

...any hints or useful website to get CHEAP FLIGHTS???

Love all you ideas.

Thanks
Closed Thread