User Name
Password
HOME FAQ Register Search Mark Forums Read

Old Posted: 25-02-2009 , 03:51 PM #16
Chris P
Administrator

Default from Admin

Hi Everyone,

As I've said before on other threads, the Wanted forum was never intended to play an important role on JumbleTown -- it was very much an afterthought.

The site is more about "I have an item for free -- does anyone want it?" and NOT "I'm looking for an item -- does anyone have it?"

That's why we've resisted all calls for dedicated Wanted sections attached to each of the Givers' forums. Apart from making the site unwieldy, it would change the focus of the site.

Thanks for the feedback.

Regards
Chris P
Admin
Chris P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 25-02-2009 , 04:05 PM #17
colmsmum

Quote:
Originally Posted by debz08
i think people should look in the wanted section BEFORE posting the item in the site

The whole point of this thread is because people are NOT replying to people offering them items in the wanted section. Besides I'm not a fairy godmother granting everyone their wish, I am not obliged to search the wanted forum before I put an item on the site, 'The mountain didn't come to Mohammad' & all that. What some people seem to forget here is that the items are the property of the giver until they're handed over.
colmsmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 28-03-2009 , 12:58 AM #18
Betty_Bubbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by colmsmum
The whole point of this thread is because people are NOT replying to people offering them items in the wanted section. Besides I'm not a fairy godmother granting everyone their wish, I am not obliged to search the wanted forum before I put an item on the site, 'The mountain didn't come to Mohammad' & all that. What some people seem to forget here is that the items are the property of the giver until they're handed over.

very well said....i've seen alot of rudeness in replys...and i was quite shocked really....people forget all to quickly that they are being helped out by someone who's not getting paid for it and are under no obligation....

I trawled through the wanted ads the other night....seeing what i could give to help as i'm doing a clear out at the minute.....out of all that i sent messages to only three replied......and one had the courtesy to say thank you but i'm too far away to take it.....one collecting tomorrow and another i'm waiting on postage costs from.....but seeing these people online and knowing they've read their messages....annoying to say the least cos i know as soon as i post the item they'll be looking for it or worse yet that they'll come looking for it after it's gone to someone else!

But i love this site and i want to say thanks now to anyone who's helped me out so far and thanks for the wonderful new friends i've made!
Betty_Bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote