Go Back   JumbleTown Ireland > Green Zone > Green Tips & Green Fingers
User Name
Password
HOME FAQ Register Search Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old Posted: 20-08-2008 , 05:27 PM #16
zuess

Default Dog smell

I found this spray in Aldi and have found it quite good,they only get it in every once in a while though, so watch online, i throughly spray my dogs bed and hang on the line for a while, Oh and my dog never stops farting hes rancid we've never changed his food and if he gets left overs he dumps the veg onto the floor for me to pick up so its not the sprouts!
i think he just enjoys it lol
Attached Images

Old Posted: 20-08-2008 , 10:45 PM #17
TheAngler

Default Bad Smell

If you put a vanilla pod in your oven or roast some coffee beans, you'll get a nice chemical free, nice smelling room, they use this trick when selling houses to give a more welcoming scent, after all who can resist the smell of fresh roasted coffee or vanilla ?
Old Posted: 21-08-2008 , 10:55 PM #18
RockyD

If you are going with essential oils you must buy the good ones. Forget about the €1 or €2 bottles. Go to a health shop and get the good ones put some water in a burner ie the thing you put a candle in the end, water in the top and add a few drops of oil it will heat water and oil will evaporate and leave a lovely fresh smell. A bottle of essential oil will last for ages. It must be in a brown glass bottle to keep it ok. If it is in a clear bottle it is cheap and no good.

You will pay anything from €6 - €10 for a bottle it will last for months.
Old Posted: 23-08-2008 , 04:15 PM #19
HappyHunter

I have three dogs and two cats. The cats are trained to go out through a window when they need to go to the loo, so no smells from litter trays.

The dogs love cow-dung-a-la-perfume, especially the two long haired collie girls. When we bring them for walks they always find cow dung heaps and all you can see are 8 legs up in the air. On those days they have a shed to go to and once they have done their cleaning they are allowed indoors.

Letting off wind is not a major problem with any of the dogs as we feed them gluten free food.

Be careful with essential oils around cats because their livers are very sensitive and some oils can be toxic to them in high doses even though you are not applying it to the animal and it's been diffused into the atmosphere.

The cheap potpourri oils are synthetics and toxic even to humans.

The essential oils can be used on a damp cloth left hanging on a radiator, on an essential oil burner with a candle or what I have is an electric oil burner that can be plugged in and left plugged in, you then just have to put a few drops of whatever oil you are using onto it and the aroma is diffused through the room.
Old Posted: 23-08-2008 , 06:44 PM #20
mar754

Default smells

Hi All, have to agree about [bread soda} is great on rugs and is so cheap also use a lot of vinegar very effective,enjoying the thread is a great addition to jumbletown.
Old Posted: 23-08-2008 , 06:50 PM #21
Stuarty

Default hi kezzad

I wouldnt worry at all about him feeling left out, he probably just thinks he is bottom of the pack...to humans this sounds a dreadful fate but for dogs it is bliss, they dont have any worries about catching food, seeking shelter or protecting the pack. They think that the other pack members do all the important jobs and they just relax and make sure they are well liked...
Old Posted: 23-08-2008 , 08:01 PM #22
Clondorney

Default Dog and Cat smells in the house.

If it is carpeting you have just fill a spray bottle with soda water and spray all carpet. Then place newspaper on top and stand on it so that the soda water is absorbed. It can then be vacuumed (carpet) and smell free.
Good Luck
Old Posted: 08-09-2008 , 07:48 AM #23
jao

Just cut up some lemon. put it in an old lunchbox with some holes in the top and heave it on or beside a radiator. if you do it while you're out or in bed and leave the heating on for a bit, once a week and the smell will be gone.
Old Posted: 09-09-2008 , 03:59 PM #24
kilk

my neighbour has a dog, half collie half hound, it can be regularly seen eating the tops off the cow pats in his field and also the onion tops (scallions) in his veg plot. it is very friendly and can't wait to jump up on a visitor to lick their face, phew! it's breath alone would turn a funeral down a side street!!
i wonder why it likes this unusual food?
Old Posted: 09-09-2008 , 04:09 PM #25
Fizzywitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilk
my neighbour has a dog, half collie half hound, it can be regularly seen eating the tops off the cow pats in his field and also the onion tops (scallions) in his veg plot. it is very friendly and can't wait to jump up on a visitor to lick their face, phew! i wonder why it likes this unusual food?

Dogs, don't ya love 'em?! We have a German shepherd who goes out into the garden munching up the goat poo!!! and she adores carrots too!
So yep I think all dogs can be rather odd!! :-)
Needless to say I avoid being licked by her!
Old Posted: 10-09-2008 , 06:42 AM #26
bings

Default dog

Hi I have now put my mutt on a special diet from the vet at a cost of 21 euro small bag and we can now breath in the house. He was rancid would defnitely have cleared the local pub at closing time.
Old Posted: 10-09-2008 , 09:07 AM #27
Tootsie

Default Doggy smells

We don't have dogs, it's the husband with the farting problem!

What's the most powerful smelling essential oil?
Old Posted: 10-09-2008 , 12:18 PM #28
kilk

petrol is powerful smelling, essential and oil!! anyone got a match??
Old Posted: 10-09-2008 , 12:33 PM #29
Tootsie

Default Hubs' bottom smells

That's a bit drastic!....
Closed Thread