JumbleTown Ireland

Go Back   JumbleTown Ireland > Support Forum > Support Forum
User Name
Password
HOME FAQ Register Search Mark Forums Read

Old Posted: 03-11-2008 , 12:29 PM #1
misstake

Default voting for awards

Ivoted for the awards last week but last night my friends were round and decided to register their votes for Jt But they cannot from my computer as i have a cookie or something but on my pc saying my vote was cast Now i did send them a e mail and i got a reply saying nobody else can vote from my computer is this fair as a few people use my pc as they dont have broadband
What can i do PLEASE HELP
misstake is offline   Reply With Quote
JumbleTown Sponsored Links

Old Posted: 03-11-2008 , 02:36 PM #2
bluecurlygirl

Default Can you delete the cookies?

I don't know if it'll help but it's worth a try.
bluecurlygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 03-11-2008 , 02:41 PM #3
misstake

Default Hiya

it says my computer is locked by my ip address duh i know nothing lol anyway it seems if i send them my vote it will count mmmmmmmmmmm hardly fair now i dont know how to send you the two mails i got back but im really pi--ed off with them
Old Posted: 03-11-2008 , 03:03 PM #4
Linn

Quote:
Originally Posted by misstake
it says my computer is locked by my ip address duh i know nothing lol anyway it seems if i send them my vote it will count mmmmmmmmmmm hardly fair now i dont know how to send you the two mails i got back but im really pi--ed off with them
When you opened the email they sent you, just click forward and send it to whom ever you like.

Ive been able to vote from my computer with all my families email address ect.
I dont know what an ip addess is but i'll try and find out for you though.
Linn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 03-11-2008 , 04:33 PM #5
Chris P
Administrator

Default from Admin

Quote:
Ivoted for the awards last week but last night my friends were round and decided to register their votes for Jt But they cannot from my computer as i have a cookie or something but on my pc saying my vote was cast Now i did send them a e mail and i got a reply saying nobody else can vote from my computer is this fair as a few people use my pc as they dont have broadband
What can i do PLEASE HELP
Hi misstake,

As I said you in my PM to you last night, the Golden Spider Award team has probably placed a 'cookie' on your PC (a cookie = a marker to indicate you visted their site). Ostensibly, this is to prevent multiple voting by the same person, which is fair enough, but they may have noted your computer's IP address (identifying code) as a further security measure. This may be blocking other potential voters from using your PC. Deleting the cookie MAY enable other people to vote from your PC. I'll try to find out.

In any case, thanks for your vote!

Regards
Chris P
Admin
Chris P is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 03-11-2008 , 04:42 PM #6
misstake

Default i know

yes they told me they had done something to my ip address i informed them that multi people use my computer but all they told me was to send e mails to them from each user and the votes will be counted Now i find this unfair to me or other users as its not convenient soooooooooooo ive borrowed a laptop for later to see if the same happens
Old Posted: 03-11-2008 , 04:46 PM #7
Chris P
Administrator

Default from Admin

Quote:
yes they told me they had done something to my ip address i informed them that multi people use my computer but all they told me was to send e mails to them from each user and the votes will be counted Now i find this unfair to me or other users as its not convenient soooooooooooo ive borrowed a laptop for later to see if the same happens
Hi misstake,

That sounds a bit inconvenient but the Golden Spiders folk have to regulate the vote in some way. However, one vote per computer rather than one vote per person sounds a bit strict.

Thanks for the feedback, misstake. You should be running Barack Obama's election campaign. Keep up the trojan work!

Regards
Chris P
Admin
Chris P is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 03-11-2008 , 07:51 PM #8
Stuarty

this probably wont help misstake but might be handy for other people,. I managed to vote three times from the same computer, not cheating but one from me, one from hubby and one from my sister, I think possibly the reason I got through three times was I did them one after the other and they didnt have time to cookie me. My spybot is pretty good at deleting random cookies...
Stuarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 03-11-2008 , 07:56 PM #9
misstake

Default Hiya

We ran two seperate scans but nothing helped And the idea of them doing something like this is driving me nuts lol i have complained and will do so again as will my daughter and some of my friends They are saying only one vote per computer to me and im still hopping mad