JumbleTown Ireland

Go Back   JumbleTown Ireland > Green Zone > Green Tips & Green Fingers
User Name
Password
HOME FAQ Register Search Mark Forums Read

Old Posted: 13-08-2008 , 11:59 AM #16
triciaL

Area: Wicklow Town County: Wicklow Status: Available
have you heard of wounder web. cut out shape of chair 1 inch bigger all round fold the extra inch in and iron flat when you have them all done place the wounder web on the folded in inch (3 sides only) and put another piece of material on top (folded inch facing down) and iron put stuffing in and web the last side. no sew cushions except for a few stitches to hold on a ribbon to tie to chair and the w.. web is fine in the wash. you can get w... web in any 2 euro shop
triciaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 14-08-2008 , 08:07 AM #17
Mickey

Nope - but I have now and will definitely have a look for it next time I am there. In fact a special trip might be in order as there's a fabric store nearby (if it's still open...) :o)

Thanks for the Martha Stewart site Stuarty, am about to have a browse right now :o).

I have tons of ideas now - all I need is to get started - wish me luck :O)
Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 14-08-2008 , 09:05 AM #18
ron.s

Default good luck!!

good luck
ron.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 14-08-2008 , 10:23 PM #19
RockyD

Pity I dont live near you I have a sewing machine and only looking for something to sew.

Cushions for chairs are fairly flat You could even hand sew them in very little time. cut a pattern off the chair and leave it a bit bigger for sewing.

Good Luck just waiting for a photo of the finished cushion go on you will surprise yourself.
RockyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 20-11-2008 , 02:22 PM #20
Stuarty

Hi Mickey

Any chance of an update/picture?
Stuarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 20-11-2008 , 11:46 PM #21
KittyK

Default Cushions

Mickey

There are curtains for free on dublinwaste.ie. Take care. KittyK
KittyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 21-11-2008 , 01:52 AM #22
bluecurlygirl

Default "Big-bum" jeans!

You could do the eyelet thing and for the material use the "seats" of old jeans - would be good talking point!! Like that idea myself and I don't sew either - mmmm feel a makeover coming on. What I did once for my mam was to buy foam (shame on me) and cut with a bread knife. I bought a length of vinyl and cut the shapes of the seat pads out of that. Stapled it into place and little grubby hands were no longer a bother - one wipe & clean bright seat pads in colours that matched her curtains!! Very easy to match next time you're decorating too!! Just pull out the staples, cut the new vinyl using an old one as template - bob's your uncle. Sure Homes Beautiful would be calling to ya!
bluecurlygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 21-11-2008 , 06:26 PM #23
Mickey

Hi everyone - sorry it has taken so long for me to get back about my little project. Nothing to show - YET! However - mod has sent me the most gorgeous pair of curtains (pic to follow soon) and I have ordered this flexible, washable, long-last-able fabric glue which should arrive any day now. I reckon I'll get at least 6 cushions out of this set (they will be quite biggish) and they will go so well in my dining room. I can't wait to get 5 minutes to myself (yes - I know - turn off the PC and pick up the scissors :o)) - I can't! I'm an addict! JTAnon here I come!

EDIT: But, I HAVE taken all the measurements already and drawn out my plan of how I need to make them so they can be washable and durable and hopefully gorgeous by the time I'm done :o) Next step - paper templates!
Old Posted: 22-11-2008 , 02:01 PM #24
magiceight

Mickey - I just bought myself a shiny new sewing machine, I'd be glad to sew up your cushions for you (let me practise a bit first, haven't used one in years) :) Did you say you're in Wicklow? I'm not a million miles from you in that case.
magiceight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 04-12-2008 , 02:01 PM #25
Mickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by magiceight
Mickey - I just bought myself a shiny new sewing machine, I'd be glad to sew up your cushions for you (let me practise a bit first, haven't used one in years) :) Did you say you're in Wicklow? I'm not a million miles from you in that case.

Hi magiceight :o)

Wow - you have just become my faovurite friend in all the whole wide world! I only saw your message today as my broadband has been down since the 26th of Nov and I have been in JT withdrawal. I'm up and running not a minute too soon as I've a family reunion (19ppl) to get ready for and am not my usual well-prepared self this year.

PM me your number and we can have a chat :0)
Old Posted: 04-12-2008 , 02:24 PM #26
magiceight

I will do :)

That happened to me recently, I was offline for about two weeks and you wouldn't believe the amount of stuff that got done around the house!
Old Posted: 04-12-2008 , 03:44 PM #27
bluecurlygirl

Default Mmmm

Maybe I should log off for two weeks also!
Old Posted: 04-12-2008 , 03:46 PM #28
magiceight

LOL.... it's shocking though, I never realised how much I put off because I spend so much time messing about online, and it's starting to pile up again now that my broadband is back! :O
Old Posted: 12-12-2008 , 12:00 PM #29
bluecurlygirl

Default I know!

I've been so busy getting all the wonderful ideas for christmas decorations from jt'rs and then finally got round to making some of them. I love our window. Have to post photo. But after my munchkin goes to bed I go onto jumbletown to see if anyone else has left ideas for me and then get sucked in and everything goes to pot! I'm sure there's lots of us in the same boat. I'm hooked and I love it. Anyway, back to thread - any sign of the cushions yet Mickey or any updates?

HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE
Old Posted: 12-12-2008 , 03:47 PM #30
Mickey

Up to my tonsils and doing my best not to drown at the minute - I have a date with magiceight in January to do the cushion covers :o). She has a new sewing machine and we're going to give it a bash. At the minute I have finished re-painting a mirror frame from silver to gold and re-inforced it and hung it in my entrance hall. Very chuffed with it (mostly with the securing and strengthening) and it looks well there.

Picked a skip load of holly from the garden and decorating the house, putting up trees. Also making Christmas tree decorations which people seem to think I have bought (so am quite pleased with them). In fact I received teh ultimate compliment: my eldest (12) has given me a list of her school friends and asked me to make them each one for Christmas gifts. I am covered in matchpot paint and running out of fineliner but the curtain rings and ribbon are looking much less like what they started life out as :o). I will post pics soon because they have turned out to be really cute little things. 19 done and another 40! to go.